Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Teach: A best friend.

It is peculiar how sometimes the greatest and most influential people in our lives are the ones we never get to meet. The definition of a true friend is one who has never met you, yet cares so deeply for a young person who they barely know. A true friend of mine is one who has always written me back. A pesky high school student who constantly emailed long messages to a woman known as the Teach. This woman has always written me back in a style that is warm, bright, and loaded with :)!! She is a person who I regard as one of the greatest friends I have because I know that I have someone who watches over my shoulder even if she is hundreds of miles away from me.
The Teach enlightens me with her wondrous thoughts and opinions while encouraging me to become a better writer. I have grown into a stronger writer because of the help and confidence she has instilled in me. I know that I have found a good friend in this world. The world is filled with mobs of nasty people who have little care about others in the world. However, I know one person who represents a slither of light in a world of darkness. My life has been greatly impacted because of the inspirational words given to me by a woman who has helped me grow as a young woman.
My emotions once coaxed me to tears when one day I found a book I needed for college in the mail. I opened the book and found out it was from the Teach. I jumped up and down in my room full of thankfulness that I found the one book I needed that was on back order. The book came from a friend who not only cares about answering my emails, but listening to my thoughts. She knew I was struggling to find that book... but I never thought I would receive it from her! After I received the book, I got onto my knees and said a lovely and meaningful prayer for how grateful I was to have a magnificent and wonderful friend like the Teach.
I realize that this situation does not happen often. However, I have told myself never to forget the gift of friendship and how strong the ties can be. I have promised this very important friend of mine that if I ever am lucky enough to publish a book, I promised to dedicate it in her name. I laugh to myself when I think of the page that dedicates: "To: The Teach :)" One step at a time. I glance at a teddy bear near my bedside which reads, "Friends are a Special gift". Thank you God for giving me the gift of friendship. In a world that can be so confusing, I thank you for providing me with angels that help guide and protect me.

2 comments:

Ms. H said...

I'm sure The Teach appreciates this ackowledgement of her efforts. Great to hear how well you're doing.

Kabunky! said...

:) Thanks Ms. H, I am putting my all into my work while keeping in touch with you and my classmates.

I wanted to inform you that my Literature courses I am taking are my favorites and I am doing well in them. Thank you for making me a stronger writer and thinker!

Oh, and the Teach emailed me and gave me "lots of hugs" through email!