Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Things We Carry

O precious love
In my heart you tarry
Your mien your soul
are the things that I carry

Sentimental are the bonds we've sewn
Cultivated from the seeds of our love
Nurtured by affection
The saplings we've sown

Schmaltzly spoken the words we've said
In our hearts
We've already wed
O perfect love your it is your heart that I carry
Two hearts become one
In our eyes married

I will carry a promise to soon embrace my hand
An eternal gift
The binding of man
We succumb to our love
In the form of a band

I carry him
When he starts to cry
I give him my comfort
I stay by his side

I hold him tight
His pain now mine
And we weather together
Till the pain subsides

The pain we carry
Through sorrow and strife
Our heart beats as one
A single life

To get lost in his eyes
Eternally hand in hand
The things that we carry
Shared by two hearts married
In language only our hearts could understand

2 comments:

Ziggy said...

Kabunky,
That was a very nice poem. I must say that I certainly enjoyed the rhyme schemes that you used, it really helped to further the already excellent quality of your writing. Excellent job.

-Ziggy

Kabunky! said...

Ha ha Ziggy, thank you very much, although you know this poem is centered... TOWARDS YOU! =)I love using thisparticular rhyme scheme because it gives the poem a flowing and almost romantic touch with the soft sounds produced by rhyming! Oh yea, and I hope Ziggy fish is doing well! lol KABUNKY